:: WHY WE BE ::

Boo to false, self-imposed limits, we say. These champion oracles want to live enthusiastically. Follow our trip through projects that challenge, frustrate, and/or scare us. In the end (which is really the middle) we want to live like big bright free and authentically awesome people.




There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My first friggin post.......and I apologize (Tanya)

So....... I have been in a work training since Sunday, which clearly means I have no real clue what I am going to write about, right? Ok, well, and since this whole thing started, I haven't really known or thought of one single thing that is GREAT to the point of personal achievement absolute GREATNESS that I am WILLING to do. So...... this must mean that my rigid controlled self is really really, really really really in a safe comfort zone. However, here is what I did do. In my cush comfort zone of running, I did run a race by my self last weekend. That is a brand new thing I've never done, and it felt pretty good. Again, it was pretty safe and not hugely out of my comfort zone. But, this is a start. I should also mention, I befriended a girl there who totally kicked my butt (I mean seriously kicked all of our butts and really really kicked my butt.... she was AHHHH-Mazing!), and this was very humbling for me. I was just another runner, thank goodness out of her running age group (right??), and I decided to ask her a lot of questions to hopefully learn a thing or two and spark up some new motivation. I also think I may join a running group and start "stepping it up a notch" overall (you know, get back to the gym, do some weights, do some other stuff that are good for 30-somethings). Lastly, and I do realize the blandness of this post, I do think I am going to jump out of that airplane at some point in the next 6 months(ish). This, however, does not really scare me. I AM EXCITED FOR THIS! :)

So..... this is it for me today. This is my first post.... but hopefully I will improve. HOLLA!

9 comments:

patresa said...

HOLLA!

no apologizing! and i think any steps out of comfort zone are giant and important!

and i love your honesty, and i love that you're here. t-dawg, you're a badass!

patresa said...

hey, wait a minute! what about those dance lessons?!

Tanner May said...

YES!!!!! Right on, dance lessons! Yes!!!

T-Free said...

Jump out of an airplane? *shudders* Wow. You are so brave. I get sweaty just thinking about that. Please take lots of pictures when you do it! :)

amy said...

Tanya, if you jump out of a plane I'll listen to my local country music station for one whole week straight driving to and from work (I hate country music, this would be a HUGE sacrifice for me) (I thought about getting up for 4 AM 5K trainings for a week, but realized: listening to country music to & from work would be WAY more intense for me).

GOOOOO T!

Tanner May said...

Ha! Too funny! I so do not want to torture anyone.... BUT I do really want to jump out of that airplane, and I will take lots of pictures!! How about this, I will take one for the team and listen to country music while I do it. Woo! (ok, another comfort zone admission, I don't exactly hate country music...... Miranda Lambert is kinda badass too so maybe she would be appropriate on the jump. Yay!)

By the way..... more for the next post perhaps, BUT, I realized today that I am a bit of a weenie with co-workers. Must work on this. I mean, I'm going to jump out of an airplane people!

Katie said...

WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO (the noise I associate with jumping out of a place) So more, WOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That is incredible. Jumping out of a plane is something I imagine would be great, but it would be hard for me to clean all the scaredy-crap out of my pants. Therefore, it's totally awesome that I can do it vicariously! Can't wait!

Stephany said...

HOLLA, T!!!!! Love ya!

Wendy Jans said...

Jumping out of a plane? Holy buckets. If that's not scary, I don't know what is. The fact that you befriend AND let yourself be inspired by people that outrun you (literally) rather than becoming jealous, inspires me.